Years pass.

Years pass.


The man who said that was absolutely right, years pass. When a little child grows up, you always have a natural shock. Yet you yourself seem to be exactly the same and although it is barely noticeable after the age of 25, you are losing the grip of youth and replacing it with the signs of maturity. In the first year, the child grows far larger from what has been implanted in the womb. But you still think that you are the same year after year, that nothing has changed and that's all right.


Anyway, that's far from wrong. A man should graciously accept aging. Like the Japanese, who highly value their elderly and respectfully address those who have lived successfully for so many years. Now it is acceptable and somehow (god knows why) expected that people are afraid to grow up. They still live with their parents, even though they had every chance to become independent ten years ago. Sadly this zone of security and predictability is one that has been replaced by one's own independence.

That's why you see almost forty-year-olds praising how drunk they were a day before, like teenagers. How many chick they banged and so on. She was very young and naive, and she felt cool because he bought a drink for her, but that’s for another story. He has his own car, so badass. The whole world is his. I do not envy their youthful attitude, but I pity them. Because they are caught in space and time and they simply cannot escape.

Years fly.

One year in my life is almost nothing, but the world around me has changed at least nine times in one year and learned a thousand and one new things. So the year is a lot. The year I was the same as I was 365 days ago, it's lost for me forever. I did not learn anything new. I did not try anything new. The essence of aging is the fact that with each passing year we understand more about how simple it all together really is. Life is really hilariously simple. We collect people we love and make us happy, we do what perfects us, but we still care about things that we do not have and have any influence over. And we laugh, we laugh a lot.

Life is short and uncertain. It can end from today to tomorrow and instead of burdening us, it would have to rid us of all the imaginary walls that we build in our own minds. We are thinking about some distant future, which may never happen at all. The older, the wiser. Why is this something that you should be ashamed of?

What am I most afraid of?

Of a day in my life that I will not be able to appreciate moments anymore. I'm going to die on the spot that very moment, even if I'm physically alive for a long time after.

But in the end, I'm still young and have a lot to experience. So I shouldn't worry this much now should I? Life is a piece of shit, when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death’s a joke it's true.

You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Ziga.

Comments